Why Science provides customizable inquiry-based learning systems empowering K-12 teachers to increase student engagement and performance in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Why Science® learning systems streamline the teaching process by bridging the gap between the theory (framework & standards) and the practice of teaching (assessments, instruction, curriculum, teacher preparation & development).
The learning system serves as a framework for creating Learning Modules™ for different STEM subjects that seamlessly integrate Common Core & Next Generation Science Standards. Learning Modules™ are structured to support inquiry-based learning for students and provide continuous professional development for teachers that accelerates learning and creates more effective STEM teaching.
Why Science® works for students:
- Ignites a passion for learning by tapping into students’ natural curiosity to learn.
- Builds students’ confidence and skills for individual and collaborative problem solving.
- Engages students to progress at their own pace.
- Challenges students to improve how they learn.
Why Science® works for teachers:
- Continuous real-time metrics-based monitoring of student progress.
- Provides flexibility, personalized learning and instant feedback.
- Engages individual and cooperative learning among students in and out of the classroom.
- Create and customize modules with Why Science technology.
Why Science® works for schools:
- Improves student performance on standardized tests.
- Increases critical-thinking and problem solving skills of students.
- Increases science literacy and numeracy of students.
- Increases student engagement in STEM subjects.
Awards & Honors
Our Learning System
- Test Drive Why Science at 2014 CSTA Conference
- Why Science Wins CT Next Entrepreneur Innovation Award
- Why Science Students Win in New Haven Science Fair
- Test-Drive Why Science Learning System at 2014 NSTA National Conference Boston, MA
- Forbes.com article highlights new venture inspired by Why Science