Why Science provides customizable inquiry-based learning systems empowering teachers to increase student engagement and performance in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Why Science® learning systems streamline the teaching process by bridging the gap between the theory (framework & standards) and the practice of teaching (assessments, instruction, curriculum, teacher preparation & development). The learning system serves as a framework for creating Learning Modules™ for different STEM subjects that seamlessly integrate Common Core & Next Generation Science Standards. Learning Modules™ modules are structured to support inquiry-based learning for students and provide continuous professional development for teachers that accelerates learning and creates more effective STEM teaching.
How the Why Science® Learning System benefits students:
- Ignites a passion for learning by tapping into students’ natural curiosity to learn.
- Builds students’ confidence and skills for individual and collaborative problem solving.
- Engages students to progress at their own pace.
- Challenges students to improve how they learn.
How the Why Science® Learning System benefits teachers:
- Captures student attention, engages curiosity, motivates and challenges students to learn.
- Creates and simplifies your own Common Core Learning Modules™.
- Provides flexibility, personalized learning and instant feedback.
- Engages individual and cooperative learning among students in and out of the classroom.
How the Why Science® Learning System benefits schools:
- Improves student performance on standardized tests.
- Increases critical-thinking and problem solving skills of students.
- Increases science literacy and numeracy of students.
- Increases student engagement in STEM subjects.
“Yvonne’s [Why Science founder and CEO] philosophy about 21st century education and using STEM to help children completely aligns with the goals for our school. It’s very hard to find educators who are also entrepreneurs who understand the educational crisis we have in our community…By partnering with us, [Why Science] is not just impacting our school – [Why Science] is impacting our state.” – Nathan Yon, South Carolina Science Academy Founder.
Awards & Honors
Our Learning System
- Test-Drive Why Science Learning System at 2013 CSTA Conference in Hamden, CT
- New Haven School Change Gets $11M Boost from Feds
- Planning Begun for 2014 Citywide Science Fair to Enhance NYC Student Interest and Performance in STEM Subjects
- Hillhouse 10th Graders Win 6 of 9 High School Biological Science Awards at New Haven Science Fair!
- Teacher Appreciation Week: What do teachers want?