Why Science showcased its customizable learning system at the 2014 Connecticut Science Teachers Association (CSTA) Annual Conference as an ongoing professional development resource for teachers. Special thanks to the educators who visited the Why Science booth at the CSTA conference between 10 am and 3:00 pm to test-drive the learning system and explore our suite of blended learning tools-learning modules and hands-on kits-to help ensure the STEM learning process is highly interactive.
The Why Science Learning System:
- Can be used on any device with an Internet connection to facilitate the Students’ and Teachers’ ability to work on modules at school, at home, or on their phone.
- Allows students to work independently or in groups to find successful outcomes for projects – just as scientists, engineers, inventors, and technologists do in the real world.
- Supports teaching & learning through stages of inquiry which is a Common Core Requirement.
- Saves time and energy needed to deliver differentiated education.
- Provides Teacher-configured learning modules that can be integrated into the school’s curriculum.
- Streamlines the teaching process by quickly and visually assessing student progress.
- Supports strong classroom instruction by giving Teachers and Administrators immediate feedback on the implementation of the curriculum and Teacher effectiveness.
The advantage of the Why Science Learning System is that teachers can use the system to create Common Core ready math and language arts modules. Thus extending the learning system to social studies, math and other subjects should not be an issue.