A Framework for K-12 Science Education—released online last summer and now available in print—describes the major practices, crosscutting concepts, and disciplinary core ideas that all students should be familiar with by the end of high school, and it provides an outline of how these practices, concepts, and ideas should be developed across the grade levels. The framework is based on a rich and growing body of research on teaching and learning in science, as well as on nearly two decades of efforts to define foundational knowledge and skills for K-12 science and engineering. To view the Framework or to purchase a print copy, click here.
Our Learning System
- Test Drive Why Science at 2014 CSTA Conference
- Why Science Wins CT Next Entrepreneur Innovation Award
- Why Science Students Win in New Haven Science Fair
- Test-Drive Why Science Learning System at 2014 NSTA National Conference Boston, MA
- Forbes.com article highlights new venture inspired by Why Science