A Framework for K-12 Science Education—released online last summer and now available in print—describes the major practices, crosscutting concepts, and disciplinary core ideas that all students should be familiar with by the end of high school, and it provides an outline of how these practices, concepts, and ideas should be developed across the grade levels. The framework is based on a rich and growing body of research on teaching and learning in science, as well as on nearly two decades of efforts to define foundational knowledge and skills for K-12 science and engineering. To view the Framework or to purchase a print copy, click here.
Our Learning System
- Forbes.com article highlights new venture inspired by Why Science
- Celebrate the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King
- Test-Drive Why Science Learning System at 2013 CSTA Conference in Hamden, CT
- New Haven School Change Gets $11M Boost from Feds
- Planning Begun for 2014 Citywide Science Fair to Enhance NYC Student Interest and Performance in STEM Subjects