The House Education Committee approved legislation that would gut the No Child Left Behind Act’s (NCLB) accountability system and highly qualified teacher definition and in its place give states free rein to establish their own methods to measure school quality and impose turnaround fixes. The bills (HR 3989 [PDF] and HR 3990 [PDF]) introduced by House Education Chairman John Kline (R-MN), passed on a strictly party-line vote with Democrats voicing their extreme opposition to the measures.ambien online without prescription
Who supports the legislation?
- The American Association of School Administrators (Click here to see letter)
- The National School Board Association (Click here. to see letter)
Who is opposed?
- The tri-caucus, a group of powerful House lawmakers representing districts with lots of black, Hispanic, and Asian students.
- Thirty-eight business and civil rights groups, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Council of La Raza, and the Education Trust (Click here to find out why).
- Disability rights groups including the National Center for Learning Disabilities and the Council for Exceptional Children.
- Teachers’ unions.
Where We Stand:ambien for sale
At Why Science, an Education Technology Company, this legislation is a big issue for us because of its impact on how resources will be allocated to better prepare our students for the workforce of tomorrow. This is an exciting time for education and technology. Globally, we are in a mist of a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Renaissance. Economies are changing. Learning needs are changing. Evolving and emerging technologies are making it possible for educators to find new and efficient ways to teach and motivate students to learn. At Why Science we hope that when this legislation is implemented, it will encourage the use of technology that more fully engages both educators and students in STEM learning.ambien online pharmacysoma online no prescriptionphentermine online pharmacy buy zolpidem without prescription
Our Learning System