Common core education standards adopted by 43 states focus on what students learn, not how they learn it, says Jack Farrell, a retired teacher and current school board president in Mammoth Lakes, Calif. Farrell writes that the new standards put the onus largely on students to learn, an improvement from how teaching is conducted now. “Current pedagogical practices, wherein teaching is talking and learning is listening, do not adequately prepare students for the rigor of college or career,” he writes. Read Full Article At The Washington Post
Our Learning System
- Test-Drive Why Science Learning System at 2013 CSTA Conference in Hamden, CT
- New Haven School Change Gets $11M Boost from Feds
- Planning Begun for 2014 Citywide Science Fair to Enhance NYC Student Interest and Performance in STEM Subjects
- Hillhouse 10th Graders Win 6 of 9 High School Biological Science Awards at New Haven Science Fair!
- Teacher Appreciation Week: What do teachers want?